The principles and practice of Health Sciences and Health Technology complements the practice of Medicine and the delivery of quality health care for the prevention and treatment of diseases and promotion of health and wellbeing of the people. The different disciples under the Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology, UNN includes:
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Health Administration and Management
- Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Medical Radiography and Radiological Sciences, and
- Department of Medical Rehabilitation
It is these disciplines that support and contribute to making the present practice of medicine to be truly modern and a technologically advanced medical practice. To this end the faculty is dedicated to producing highly competent allied healthcare professionals and healthcare managers / administrators for the 21st Century healthcare system who will meet the Nigerian needs and compete internationally. The faculty is poised to train health professionals in their respective disciplines who will exhibit the highest level of professionalism, research-mindedness and innovative spirit required to catapult medical practice in Nigeria to world class standard.
To position the Faculty as one of the foremost in research and community service in the field of Health Sciences and Technology.
To produce health professionals that can meet the local needs and compete internationally and also be able to conduct research for the advancement of human health and engage in community service.
- Humility and sacrifice
- Good governance
- Innovativeness and creativity
The Core competences of the Faculty:
- Biomedical science knowledge and diagnostic skill
- Medical imaging and radiation therapy
- Evidence-based practice and safe patient care
- Health policy, Health system research and strengthening
- Teaching and Research
- Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary skills.